Thursday 8 May 2014

McFlurries in the window - a long, long, long tale from 2012

In the days before I knew about Blogging, sometimes I kept a holiday diary.   This harks back to childhood when I wrote a few (hilarious to read now), holiday diaries.

When I was about 10, my mother bought me a diary with what must have been great foresight, entitled 'Le mie vacanze'.  For many years I thought the title was in French, meaning 'on my holidays' but (quite recently) realised it was Italian!   I thought it very chic.     I still have it and my brother Rob and I both laugh out loud at my childish observations and his when he took over for a while. 

Mum also bought me for Christmas on year, a 5-year diary - very popular in those days.   It had a little lock too, so I laboriously kept that diary from about 1970 - 75.    It had 7 days to a page so you can imagine the tiny writing to squeeze it all in.     I was a Bronte in the making.    Anyway, I ripped it all up and put it in the fire in a teenage tantrum (very common in those days too).  A huge regret.  So now Blogging lets me record all sorts of daft things and things I want to share.

The link below is an epic jotting from a holiday with my sister in Tbilisi the capital city of Georgia, in eastern Europe when we had the time of our lives and I laughed and laughed until my ribs ached.    What could be better than that? The reason for the laughter and at times uncontrolled giggling is another story, for another Blog another day.  In the meantime this (made on boring old Word) is not for the faint hearted, but anyone with time and vague interest.... read on......


No comments:

Post a Comment