Friday 2 May 2014

Animal kingdom

It has been an amusing week here with some animals.     The other day I was in the kitchen faffing about and heard Barney puss meowing loudly, screeching even and rushed outside to see what was the matter and there he was stuck at the top of a tree.... ring the fire brigade you might think? get Jeff with a step ladder....  here he is
scaredy cat
 .....but of course there was nothing to stop him jumping down a mere 3/4 feet of the miniature cherry tree....  when I managed to stop laughing, I tried to coax him down but no.    I eventually had to reach in and lift him down - what a palaver.
'help - how do I get down?'
phew - safe on my favourite knees....

Mr Hedgehog just passing through the garden
Yesterday evening we spotted a hedgehog hurrying along the path, probably hoping to get to Barney's food tray before he did.

Then today we were driving back from town and stopped at a little cafe on the edge of a Lac at Chasdenon Le Bourg.     It was lovely sitting in the warm sunshine listening to the frog chorus.... here it is:



No comments:

Post a Comment