Tuesday 20 May 2014

Wed 21st May the wee small hours - hissy fits in rain, rain, rain!

It is the wee small hours of Wednesday 21st May and I am snuggled up in our little caravan listening to the rain lashing down on our roof and the wind howling.    Just checked the weather forecast and its thunderstorms across the region - oh joy.     Today we are due to take the awning down, pack up the caravan and drive across to Cannes to stay in a gite at Carol Drinkwater's Olive Farm.    I am so looking forward to meeting her and seeing the Olive Farm.    I had imagined us breezing in relaxed and tanned not like drowned rats with a car full of wet sandy camping gear.    Our pitch here in Petite Camarge is on sand which is great on dry sunny days but not conducive in the rain.   Sand and rain make....sludge!   Think I will put the kettle on and brace myself for the day to come.   Ho hum.   Feel hissy fits coming on....

No comments:

Post a Comment