Sunday 27 April 2014

Our GP

Our GP is a lovely Frenchman, Dr Joel Delabrosse whose English language is fair enough for us all to understand each other or so we think.    

He has this very funny habit of responding to everything you say with ‘really?’ as though you have just told him something incredulous like you are a Martian.   It sounds like reeeally?      I said, 

"I have a sore arm" – ‘"reeeally?".    
"I hurt it when I was riding a horse". "reeeally?"   
"I would like a certificate of fitness to join the Walking group" "reeeally?".  
"It’s a nice day today".  "reeeally".   

Another funny thing is that he always comes out to the waiting room to personally guide you into his room.   The thing is, he does this at a trot and you feel as though you are running for a bus.   He then trots you back out and you find yourself out on the street a bit breathless.

He must wonder why I smile a lot!    

No comments:

Post a Comment