Sunday 27 April 2014

La Chorale



In January we were invited to the Logis (village hall) for drinks and nibbles with the Mairie and other villagers.   It was a lovely atmosphere and as always at these occasions we were made to feel very welcome.   
I got involved in a conversation with a lady who sings in the choir (La Chorale) ….and before I knew it, she had established I was an ‘alto’ voice and since they are short of altos I was roped in to come to the next practice.  
I hummed a few wee ditties to practice and duly pitched up the following Wednesday night to be peered at by 22 sets of suspicious French eyes (they have not a ‘newbie’ for many years never mind a Scottish one).   
I politely listened as they went through their repertoire.    It was wonderful, just wonderful to hear in the beautiful old barn setting – but not for me!!   Way, way out of my league (e.g. not 'Ca’ The Yowes 'stuff).    It was awesome to hear and I would love to join in but I gave my apologies at the end and fled.   
Lucky escape for La Chorale some might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment